Skip to content
- 1953 Charles M. Gummer purchased the Newark News Agency. Charles children worked in the business while growing up
- 1969 Rick returned from the Navy and went to work for his dad.
- 1971 Newark News Agency was changed to Gummer Wholesale Incorporated.
- 1972 Rick pursued a wholesale candy and tobacco company named Spirit Tobacco Co., located on East Main Street in Newark. The two companies were combined and employed 7 associates.
- 1979 Stuckey Cigar and Candy was purchased.
- 1983 Purchased Midland Grocery Company in Washington Courthouse.
- 1991 Purchased Jeffries Supply Company.
- 1993 Purchased Ohio Valley Wholesale.
- 2009 Purchased Goldsmith – Black Assets